Job Title: Quality Analyst- Manual/ Functional
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
4-5 years of experience in Software Testing.
Job Statement and Accountabilities:
We are looking for an experienced QA engineer to oversee our quality assurance team. You will be required to oversee all aspects of software and product testing within the company. This may include developing test strategies, drawing up test documents, identifying faults, and creating QA reports.
The Quality Analyst is accountable for the following:
• Creating the architecture of test automation
• Estimating and developing the testing strategies
• Identifying and managing the risks
• Unit and integration testing code.
• Applying standards to development.
• Working knowledge of multiple testing tools and quality assurance practices
• Ability to prioritize testing based on product/business value.
• Proven ability to debug software and hardware.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum.
• Assist leadership with testing estimates for features based on their scope and complexity.
• Ability to run and participate in bug triage and drive bugs to closure based on the priority and severity categorization.
• Understands functional, integration and unit tests.
• Overall understanding of software life cycle and how quality applies to it.
• Ability to trace issues from client side through product sub systems to provide a clearer definition of where the issue is coming from.
• Base product domain knowledge, backend systems and tools.
• Provides trade-offs, risks and risk mitigation strategies.
• Ability to develop test cases based off done criteria.
• Create test plans that encompass all test scenarios and functionality for a feature.
Communication Skills and Interpersonal Skills:
• Communicates well both verbally and in writing, shares information and ideas with all levels within organization, others and possess good listening skills.
• Flexible/open minded, accepts performance feedback along with constructive criticism.
• Ability to interpret and organize a variety of instructions and technical information.
• Keeps information organized, accessible, manages time effectively.
• Prioritizes, troubleshoots, and resolves tasks that achieve key duties and goals.
• Has the ability to work independently.