Roles and Responsibilities:
Hands-on experience implementing, administrating and troubleshooting Servers -
a. Linux System Administration (RHEL/Centos/Ubuntu/SUSE)
b. Web Hosting Infrastructure, Backup, Email Server Management
c. LAMP Stack, PHP, Apache MySQL, NGINX
d. Active Directory Infrastructure, Radius, DNS, NIS, NFS
e. Preferably knowledgeable in Coding and Scripting- Bash, PHP, Perl
1. Designs, installs, Configures and maintain the enterprise server infrastructure to meet the functional objectives of the organization.
2. Provide system infrastructure engineering support for new projects & deployments within the Enterprise Campus(s). Engagement to support projects, including break-fix, configuration, coordination, planning and implementation within the agreed timelines.
3. Ensure proper documentation of new infrastructure deployments and decommissioning of old devices
4. Managing regular system administration & monitoring server infrastructure. Support the 24x7 operation of infrastructures operation. Identify system performance issues, oversee the development, and correct use of tools to resolve these problems.
5. Ensure adherence to standard operating procedures, configuration management oversight and change management guidelines
6. Support the 24x7 operations and Data Centre operations within the desired SLA
7. Build/maintain excellent relationships with internal customers, promote and lead change. Provides expertise in cross-functional and intra-departmental effort.
8. Interfacing with service partners and maintenance sources; quality control for externally provided services. Coordination with vendor technicians.
9. Demonstrate highly analytical skills to be able to examine error logs, system performance data, and user information to ensure a high level of usability and reliability.
10. Conduct system backups according to company or industry standards.
1. Professional certifications like RHCE.
2. System Administration Candidates with additional skills/experience in Networking will be desirable.
3. Good oral and written communications skills. Ability to communicate with peers as well as business stakeholders. ITIL foundation certification will be preferred.
4. Good problem management/resolution capability with hands on ability and customer facing skills.