As a SeniorCyber Threat Analyst, you will be given the opportunity to teach ateam of security analysts about both traditional and unconventional ways to detect, analyze, and mitigate potential intrusions and other security incidents. The candidate will join a team currently responsible for providing investigative response for security events including but not limited to intrusion detection, malware infections, denial of service attacks, privileged account misuse and network breaches. Candidates must be willing to work in a SOC environment, demonstrate strong problem solving skills, have experience in various toolsets and best practices, able to critically think, and allow for flexible scheduling.
Shift is between the timing:
• 6 am IST – 10 pm IST
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Collects, analyzes, and enriches event information and perform threat or target analysis duties.
• Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network Directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
• Manages and executes multi-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents.
• Providing reporting and metrics around security monitoring by designing dashboards for asset owners and management consumption.
• Coordinates and distributes directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified consumers.
• Develops focused reporting and briefings for advanced cyber threats and activity to various teams and leaders.
• Provides correlation and trending of Program’s cyber incident activity
• Create TTPs, AARs, and ability to do deep dive investigations on complex incidents.
• Improving the service level for security operations and monitoring. Creating and maintaining system documentation for security event processing.
• Author Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training documentation.
• Act a SME and trainer to T2 and T1 personal as needed.
• Bachelor`s Degree in a technical discipline with a minimum of 8 years related technical experience is required for a level 3 role.
• Must have at least CISSP or GIAC certifications (e.g. based on U.S. DOD8570 standard)
• Background in hands on computer and networking experience to include an understanding of TCP/IP, routing, and major Internet protocols.
• Understanding of network, desktop and server technologies, including experience with network intrusion methods, network containment, segregation techniques and technologies such as Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS)
• 5+ years Intrusion monitoring, incident response and mitigation, web application security, threat research or intelligence analysis.
• Ability to read and write scripts in various languages. (php, ksh, powershell, SQL, and similar)
• 5+ years using ArcSight,Splunk, and/or similar SEIM experience.
• Candidates must be willing to work in an on-call situation as well as needed per rotation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to provide technical thought leadership on security incident investigation calls with other technology teams, and the ability to translate complex technical concepts into plain English for consumption by non-technical audiences
• Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
• Experience and proficiency in a various toolsets and best practices.