Oracle Apps Data Base Administrator
The Oracle Data Base Administratorwill be part of Enterprise Application team responsible for providing support on system monitoring, Patching, Cloning and Performance Tuning of Application and Database stack of Oracle EBS / Fusion Applications to US based customers. This position will require to understand and analyze the business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions based on the Oracle EBS/Fusion Architecture that enable the organization to achieve its goals. This candidateshould have the ability to coordinate, interact and work with different teams for the delivery of the solution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Production support for all reported issues or change requests for various Oracle Enterprise Application Suites & Databases.
• Maintain and update server documentation and password changes in secret server.
• Analyze and document vulnerabilities at various levels for enterprise systems and work towards resolutions
• Design, review and maintain the support, enhancements, project, upgrade processes & tools.
• Documenting Root Cause Analysis for all Critical and Priority 1 issues
• Work with Oracle Support of various issues
• Maintenance of application and database servers. Keeping them updated with all latest patches. Applying Quarterly CPU/PSU patches and following it up with the respective stockholders for validation and downtime etc. in Production
• Monitoring of oracle Instances and various alerts and following it up with the technical and Functional team to the closure.
• Cloning and taking backups of the instances on a periodic basis as well as on demand.
• Technical code migrations in production
• Keeping himself abreast with the new technology and trends
• Helping Technical team on the performance tuning of SQL, PLSQL and Database.
• Liaise with Oracle on the production issues and product bugs
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Must have at least 4to 6years of experience as Oracle Applications Data Base Administrator
• Experience in at least 2 to 3 full cycle upgrades of Oracle Application Suites.
• Experience in providing support on 24/7
• In-depth experience in the following:
o Weblogic Application Server Installation and Administration
o Oracle Fusion Middleware Installation and Administration
o Oracle RDBMS Installation and Administration (including RAC databases)
o with Oracle, EBS, and other applications including WebLogic, Application Server, SOA
• Good experience in database administration, maintenance of oracle databases and EBS-ERP databases.
• Good experience in writing Unix shell scripts.
• Expertise in all major versions of technology stack including Database, iAS, Forms, Reports, PL/SQL, Java, Enterprise Manager, SOA, WebLogic and JVM.
• Hands-on operational expertise as an Oracle DBA, with technologies such as RAC, SSO, DataGuard, High Availability and Backup/Recovery (RMAN).
• Fusion Middleware - Advanced understanding of Cloud Applications Foundation, SOA, Business Process Management, Data Integration, Enterprise Performance
• Management, Identity Management and High Availability aspects of Fusion Middleware
• EBS Application and Technology Stack - Performed one or more successful upgrades for technology stack and applications
• Performance Tuning - Advanced performance-tuning skills to review performance reports (ADDM, AWR, &ASH), Application code and SQLs to optimize application run times. Would not need to escalate performance issues.
• Application support, disk space management with LVM/SAN and responding to Nagios alerts.
• Knowledge of identity and access management, MS Azure, SAML, OpenID etc.
• Web Services - Understand SOA and Web Services configurations as well as the ability to design and implement advanced SOA and Web Services Configurations
• Verbal communications both technical speaking and conversational communication.
• Assertiveness must be able to run a conference call during a highly critical outage
• Written Communication Skills
• Organizational skills
Education and Qualifications:
Preferred Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Engineering, Master’s in Computer Applications, or equivalent from a reputed institute.
• Experience in working Configuration Management, Change Management and Incident Management
• Ability to multitask and work with functional consultants and client contacts as required
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Detail Oriented and Self Starter.
• Certification on Oracle Data Base Administration in the newer versions