Senior Software Engineer
About the job
We’re on one of the biggest digital transformations to be a modern technology company. And to help us get there, We are looking for passionate and capable software engineers who think creatively, thrive on problem solving, and really know cutting-edge technologies.
Our teams work as agile squads made up of colleagues and business partners. We build and run the applications that bill, invoice, and collect payments for all customers of ourcustomer facing businesses.
Right now, Mmost of our applications run on Oracle databases, using Java, PLSQL and SQL. As part of our transformation, we’re building new services in Java, and Python and Go making our applications suitable to run in the public cloud and leveraging the power of cloud data capabilities for data reporting, analytics, and AI. We need you to come and help us make this a reality
What you’ll be doing
A skilled software engineer, driving automation and cloud readiness.
Reviewing data and creatinge data solutions
Inputting, understanding, and challenging engineering conclusions, and empowering your squad to be autonomous.
Collaborating with other engineering leaders to contribute to company-wide engineering best practices and standards.
Providing technical knowledge to consult on significant component(s) of a solution , as well as taking responsibility for the software deliverables.
Supporting and coaching a team of high performing software engineers and driving continuous improvement across your squad
You should apply if:
• You’re proficient with any COTS product in Telecom Billing and have 3+ years of experience
• You’re a skilled software engineer, with up-to-date skills, and passionate about high quality, secure and performant software
• You’re proactive about learning and coaching others
• You’re proficient in agile ways of working
• You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment as part of a DevOps culture
• You’re proficient with PLSQL, SQL and one or more strongly typed languages (e.g. Java, Go, Python) with a focus on SOLID Principles & Clean code techniques
• You’ve experience with relational and NoSQL databases, and data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Dataflow, BigQuery, Dataproc)
• You’re a good communicator, able to advise technical and non-technical stakeholders
Bonus points for (but not essential):
• Experience working with Google Cloud data tools.
• Hold one or more Google or other cloud platform certification
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code
• Spring, Scala and/or Kafka
• Experience leading a software engineering team
• Experience working in or running an SRE teams