DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Designing and implementing new features as amember of a feature-driven team.
• Ensuring team delivers high quality output by proactively participating in Design and Code Reviews of team members
• Following sound software design, process and quality practices and adheres to Software Development Processes
• Maintain strong communication channels with other development teams andproduct architects
• Proactively participate in the estimation, planning and delivery to agreed schedules of software projects within the team
• Assist with the maintaining and support of new and existing features by liaising with the QA and support teams to diagnose and resolve issues.
• Occasionally travel to our Ireland Development office to laisse with other peers and Architects
• Occasionally provide out of hours support for the product
• Any other related tasks as required by the line manager
ESSENTIAL SKILLS ARE:
• 5+ years “hands-on” software development experience
• 3+ years of experience building web and mobile applications using Angular 2+, Ionic 3+ and Typescript. Knowledge of AngularJS(1.x) and NodeJS a bonus
• Experience developing or maintaining cordova plugins including working with the native code. A minimum of 2 years working with Java and/or Objective-C / Swift.
• Understanding of app ecosystems and related technologies such as REST API`s, SDK`s, Firebase integration, JSON, XML
• High level of attention to detail and strong aptitude for learning new technologies
• Ability to work across multiple product areas and remain quality and customer-focused
• Excellent communication skills, active listening and the ability to present complex ideas in concise written and verbal descriptions using the English-language
• Experience with Node.js, task runners such as Gulp or Grunt, unit testing frameworks such as Jasmine
• Knowledge and/or experience with distributed architectures
• Experience with software systems in the banking sector.
• Experience of software testing and methodologies
• Proven relevant experience in the Banking Financial Services sector
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES OF THE CANDIDATE:
• Excellent team leader, cooperative and flexible.
• Self-starter and ability to work within a distributed team
• Enthusiastic, proactive, and can-do attitude, keen to be involved at all levels of the product
• Articulate communicator, ability to present ideas clearly and precisely, both written and verbally, with concise attention to detail to peers, colleagues and management alike.
• Good listener, the ability to listen effectively and to consider input from peers, colleagues and management alike.
• Self-reliant, the ability to work without close supervision and address problems in a collaborative environment.
• Good problem solving abilities with the ability to identify and contribute to solutions for the company in a collaborative environment.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Honours Degree or Diploma in Computer Science