Job Title: Helpdesk/Desktop Support
Experience: 3-5 Years
Job Type: Permanent
Position Summary: The Helpdesk/Desktop Support – Level II will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the IT Service Desk. Under close supervision, this position will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers, servers, related equipment and applications. Tasks include user support, performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations. This position requires heavy problem solving and decision making governed by procedure, guided by policy and focused on daily operations. Performs more complex aspects of function; receives guidance/supervision on new assignments but normally works independently on mastered tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
• Provide Level I and Level II support and resolve of Level I escalations.
• Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
• Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority.
• Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
• Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software.
• Document internal procedures.
• Assist with Onboarding and Off-boarding users.
• Assist with physical user moves.
• Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment.
• Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
• Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
• Report issues to the Service Desk/Service Desk Manager for escalation.
• Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
• Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
• Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
• Minimal after-hours work will be required
• Regular meetings with Service Desk Team/Manager
• This is not a work from home opportunity.
Role and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The qualified candidate must have:
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and consistently meet multiple deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Ability to use good judgment.
Certificates and Licenses: MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+ certifications preferred