Position Title : Systems Engineer
Job & Interview Location :- LBS Road, Kurla West, Mumbai 400070 --- 15 mins from Kurla railway station (1.7 km) via LBS Rd).
1. Strong knowledge of Ubuntu/Debian/RHEL/CentOS 5/6/7 in an enterprise environment.
2. Fluent in Apache web servers and Nginx.
3. Experience working on high traffic B2C or B2B websites
4. Good Knowledge of LAMP stack implementations
5. Experience running applications and systems in Amazon Cloud and Google Cloud environments.
6. Strong Scripting skill in one or more of Perl, Python or bash/shell.
7. Experienced or extremely familiar with Jenkins, AWS, Windows Azure and VMware.
8. Proven Systems Administration experience within a mixed Windows, Linux physical and virtual environment
9. Experience with software management - installations, patching of OS/apps etc.
10. Experience working with monitoring tools Nagios, NewRelic, ELK Stack and Zabbix.
11. Exposure or familiar with some of these technologies: Redis, Java, Kong API Gateway, Git and REST API`s.
12. Knowledge of Clusters, Storage, Backups, Data Export/Import, Monitoring tools, and disaster recovery.
13. Some knowledge of PHP Scripting would be ideal but not essential.
14. Experience on Docker, Kubernetes will add advantage.
1. Configure and maintain application servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
2. Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
3. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
4. Installing and maintaining the LAMP server stack.
5. Provision and manage cloud-based services.
6. Installation and configuration of internally developed and third-party commercial & open- source application software in our test and production environments.
7. Support development and QA across various projects to satisfy their day to day needs.
8. Reviewing system and application logs, looking for any potential issues and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
9. Investigate and troubleshoot issues reported by both Service desk and Event Management systems
10. Periodically monitor system performance and capacity to provide input for needed expansion or alternative configurations to support additional storage, database capacity, or web server capacity needs.
11. Study and implement new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance.
12. Managing and implementing large-scale distributed systems.
13. Administer and maintain virtual server environments
14. Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
15. Gather regular performance statistics using automated scripts or tools and present to reporting manager upon request or agreed regular intervals.
16. Check and ensure that the backups taken as per the backup policy are successful and are of usable quality.
17. Perform Root Cause Analysis of major incidents and recurring problems with web and database services and recommend and implement corrective actions.
18. Knowledge of configuring and managing switches/firewalls will be an added advantage