They bat for the user.
• They collaborate with the marketing/sales department to obtain informa-
tion useful in developing products that meet and exceed the requirements
• They also conduct surveys and interact with product end users to identify
highly desired product features or components.
• Usually, agile product owners look out for product elements that provide
value to customers and business benefits to an organization.
• Their role also entails participating in scrum meetings to give feedback on
sprint achievement, as well as to set sprint goals and relay new user stories.
• They also split big user stories and establish acceptance criteria for each
• In performing their duties, product owners analyze and study market
trends to identify changes in consumer taste requirements.
• They communicate with other internal product owners to exchange ideas
on necessary product features.
• Their work description also involves experimenting with a product to come
up with valuable results.
• Agile product owners maintain feedback channels concerning product
release and customer opinion.
1• They set up indicators to track the performance and value of products
delivered to clients.
• The creation of product roadmap and taking of strategic decisions is also
part of the description of a product owner.
• Some of the major qualities you will need to have to succeed in this career
include leadership, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• BE/BTech from IITs, BITS, NITs and other tier-1 colleges.
• 5+ years of experience with at least 3 years in product management.
Strong technical background, ability to dive into the technical details is a
• Experience working at an agile software company/start up is a bonus.
• Strong product instincts; you have strong intuition about what users want.